When you are glued to your desk and too occupied to complete a project on time, then your stomach also starts giving you signals that it needs something. At that time, you don’t want to waste much time as you want to meet the deadlines. But, you can’t ignore the growling of your stomach. You rush to your office cafeteria to have some samosa, burger, fries with a hot cup of tea. This sounds really divine and mouthwatering. But, this is totally an unhealthy choice. However, there are a lot more other unhealthy snacks that are easily available and we find them more satisfying and comforting as compared to healthy snacks. All these snacks lead to obesity and many other diseases like blood pressure, sugar, cholesterol and many other health problems. The best solution to avoid such health issues is to change the way you snack. Switch to healthy snacks to keep a check on the calories you consume every day.
- Fruits: Fruits are one of the most healthy and energetic snacking options to satisfy your taste buds. They are rich in antioxidants, vitamin, and minerals and keep you energetic throughout the day. You can carry fruits like grapes, apple, banana, oranges, guava, berries, and pomegranate or whichever fruit you love to eat.
- Puffed Rice: Puffed rice is another great snacking option for the office, if you are conscious of your weight. You can mix these puffed rice with tomatoes, cucumber, spouts, and make tasty bhel puri as well. Besides, you can mix these puffed rice with roasted chana as well or you can have them plan as well.
- Nuts: These are the great source of protein, but you should not eat too much. You should always have nuts in a moderate quantity. You can mix these nuts with corn flakes, puffed rice or oats. You can mix almonds, walnuts, raisins and dry berries etc. to make it healthy snack option.
- Indian snacks: You can also have snacks like idlis, poha, upma and dhokla are another good healthy snacks options for the office.
- Sprouts: They are very good source of protein and fiber. You can use chana, moong or Bengal gram sprouts. They are low in calories and high in fiber, which will keep you healthy and energetic throughout the day.
- Popcorn: This is another good option as office snacks. They are low on calories and good for munching. You can have these popcorns during tea-time to satisfy your taste-buds.
- Nut-bar: It is another great snack; you can pack in your box. You can make different sweet nut bar with different nuts. You can make nut bar with almond, raisins, cashew, walnut and other dry fruits. It is a very healthy snacking option and will not add calories, but full of protein. You can make this nut-bar at home in the microwave as well.
- Sweet corn: Sweet corns are very rich in fiber and they are very healthy too. You can boil or steam these corns and pack in your lunch box to carry in office. To make them yummy, you can add tomato, cucumber, boiled potato and lemon juice in it and make a salad.
- Fresh vegetable salad: To satisfy your taste buds enjoy a bowl of fresh vegetable salad. You can mix cucumber, carrot, tomato, spinach, broccoli, bell paper and vegetables you like to make your fresh vegetable salad. You can also add cheese to make it healthier and tastier.
(image courtesy @ google images)