Kamal Hassan is a well-known name of the film industry and doesn’t need any kind of introduction. He is one of the most talented and polished actors of Bollywood and South Indian Cinema. This veteran actor has been into the Indian Cinema from last four decades. He has contributed a lot in the field of entertainment and film industry with his talent and acting skills. He is famous as “World Star” among his fans. He is not just a super start of film industry, but a very polished and talented actor. Here, are five amazing facts about this super talented actor.
- Kamal Haasan started his career as child artist. He had acted in numerous movies as child actor. Even at his early age of 4 only, he won the President’s Gold medal for this role in the movie “ Kalathur Kannamm”.
- He is not just a talented actor, but a trained classical dancer and singer as well. He has sung many songs for his movies. He has learnt Bharatnatyam a classical form of dance and his perfection of dancing can be seen in many movies, where he was as good and refined as any other trained dancer. He took training of classical singing from famous Balamuralikrishan. His song “Inji Iduppazhagi” which he sang for his movie “Thevar Magan” became a big hit at that time.
- Kamal Hassan was the first choice of Rajinikanth starrer “Robot” aka “Enthiran”. He has been honoured with Padma Shri award in 1990 and Padma Bhushan award in 2014 from the Indian Government for his best work and contribution in Film Industry.
- Kamal Hassan holds the record of representing India maximum number of times in Oscar for the category “ Best Foreign Movie”. His one of the most talked about and prestigious movie “Murudhanayagam” was released by Queen Elizabeth II. The movie, which is considered to a biography and the best in his career, is yet to resume shooting.
- He has won the maximum number of Filmfare awards about 18 times. After him, the musical maestro A.R.Rahman has bagged about 14 Filmfare trophies and stands at second place. He is the one and only the first actor to won National Award for the best actor thrice.
(image courtesy @ google images)