Salman Khan the name itself is enough to bring the smile on the faces of many. He is popularly known as Bhai of Bollywood. He is one the most popular and loved actor of Bollywood. He is one of the biggest and favorite stars of the BTown industry. His charm, smile, acting, and personality is more than enough to woo anyone. People of all generation love him and he has the great fan following not only in India, but abroad as well. He has managed to create a special place for himself in the film industry and his fans love him for his simplicity. He is not bothered by the Box office charts, but all his movies do well on box office and cross the mark of 100 crores easily. He is the only Indian Bollywood actor who made it to the People magazine’s list for being one of the most handsome men ever in the world. Let’s take a look at some lesser known and interesting facts about Salman Khan.
- Before starting his career as an actor in Bollywood, he wanted to be a writer.
- He is in all senses a self-made man because he never used his father’s name or connections to grab any opportunity and to get a break in Bollywood. Like any other struggling actor in Bollywood, he used to go to auditions for movies.
- If you think that Salman Khan’s first movie was “Maine Pyaar Kiya” then you are wrong. He started his acting career with the movie “Biwi Ho To Aisi” as supporting actor in 1988.
- In the scene from the movie “Ek Tha Tiger” where he has painted the image the Katrina Kaif, the artwork was actually done by Salman Khan in real. He had painted the picture while the crew was preparing for the next scene and setting the cameras to the scene.
- To get fit into the character in the movie Sultan, he gained almost 10 Kgs and he also worked on his hairstyle and mustache.
- Salman Khan in his real life owns two horses. He named his horses as “ Bajrangi and another one “ Bhaijaan”, which coincidentally happened to be the name of his biggest blockbuster movie “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”.
- We all remember his controversial love affair with Aishwarya Rai. But, before his love affair with Aishwarya Rai, he had relationships with other Bollywood actresses Sangeeta Bijlani and Sonam Ali.
- Salman Khan is too foodie and his favorite cuisine is Chinese. He loves to visit his favorite restaurant China Garden in Mumbai frequently. He is one of the most generous actors of Bollywood when it comes to food. When is shooting for any movie, he takes care of food arrangements for all the crew, staff and his co-stars of the movie.
- His one of the most popular on-screen name is “Prem” and movie “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” is actually 14th movie, in which was named as Prem.
- The story of his movie “Veer” was written by him in late the 80s. He always wanted to cast Sanjay Dutt in the movie in the lead role as he considered it to be his ambitious project.
(Image courtesy @ google images)